Language Lizard, LLC - Overview
Language. Lizard, LLC was established in 2005 to meet the needs of teachers and parents who want to raise bilingual children and/or introduce kids to other cultures at an early age. We believe that children will be inspired to learn languages and connect with other cultures if they are exposed to fun and creative learning materials early on in their lives.
Language Lizard offers bilingual (dual-language) children's books, audio resources, multilingual posters, and multicultural teaching resources. All books are in English with one of over 50 languages. To see the full list of languages that we carry and learn more about our books, please see the tab on the left side of our site.
Our products are ideal for English as a Second Language teachers, foreign language educators, bilingual families, libraries, and literacy organizations. The materials help families preserve their heritage, encourage parental involvement in education, support diversity education, and aid in culturally responsive teaching.
Articles, Tip Sheets and Language Lizard BLOG:
Language Lizard offers numerous articles and information to support teachers and parents who are raising bilingual and multicultural children. Please peruse our BLOG or see the articles list on our Free Resources page to find numerous articles pertaining to the following:
- Ways to support language learning and diversity in the classroom
- Strategies for using bilingual books
- Multicultural lesson plans
- Celebrating holidays in a diverse classroom
- Benefits of bilingualism
- Partnering with parents to bring up multicultural children
- And much more!
Language Lizard Culture Connection Newsletter:
Language Lizard provides a free newsletter with helpful information on topics related to early language learning, supporting dual language learners, and bringing multiculturalism to the classroom. Click here to subscribe to the newsletter.
In the News / Press Releases
[More coming soon... this section currently being updated]
Interview with Language Lizard President and Founder Anneke Forzani on Hunterdon Chamber Radio, discussing the mission and founding of Language Lizard (2020): Click here
Interview with Anneke Forzani on podcast "The Accidental Entrepreneur" (2021): For video of interview, click here. For audio, click here.
Interview with Anneke Forzani on Public Radio International's "The World in Words" podcast (co-produced by BBC, PRI and WGBH, September 2008): [Currently unavailable]
Location & Contact Information
The Company is located in Basking Ridge, NJ and can be reached at 1-888-LLIZARD (888-554-9273) or info@LanguageLizard.com . For address information and to contact Language Lizard using our online form, click here.
Need An Expert?
If you would like to speak to an expert on the importance of diversity and representation in children's books, educating diverse classrooms, or the benefits of exposing children to other languages and cultures at an early age, we are happy to help and can point you in the right direction for more information. Please contact us at 1-888-LLIZARD (888-554-9273) or info@LanguageLizard.com.
- How can we educate young children in diverse communities about vaccines?
- In the US, over 20% of the population is either foreign born or has a foreign-born parent. What can we do to help children who are learning English as a Second Language integrate better into their new environment? What can we do to help all children understand and appreciate the diversity around them?
- How do dual language resources support education in diverse classrooms? What are some creative ways that bilingual books can be used at home and in the classroom?