We make it easy for schools, libraries & literacy organizations to
support language learners and diverse communities
SIMPLE ORDERING, SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
* Order using any of the methods below.
When sending orders, use your own purchase order form, or download our form. For your convenience, you can simply attach a copy of the Language Lizard shopping cart to the form. If using your own form, please ensure that your language choices are included with all titles. We will work with you to meet your purchasing department's requirements. Need W-9s or new vendor forms filled out before ordering? Contact us. We're happy to help!
- Online (US orders shipping directly to schools/libraries may choose purchase order or credit card option online)
- Fax (908-762-4786)
- Mail (Language Lizard, PO Box 421, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920)
- Email (info@LanguageLizard.com)
- Phone (888-554-9273)
Language Lizard Federal ID Number: 20-2652760
* 30 days net credit for Purchase Orders (US schools/libraries only. Please see note below for Canada/International orders.*)
* Personal Shopper Service for larger orders
Our personal shoppers can place a pre-order for you based on your needs. Learn more about this free service.
* Book Sets by language for easy ordering (or pick individual titles-your preference!)
Click here to see all of our Bilingual Book Sets.
* Fast Delivery
* We guarantee you'll love them! 30-day money back return policy .
*Note: Canadian schools/libraries that are unable to pay by credit card or Paypal, please contact us.
International schools/libraries may order online using the "International Checkout" button. Numerous payment options provided upon checkout.
* Multicultural Lesson plans
Celebrate diversity and expose your students to foreign languages and cultures! Download here.
* Language Lizard BLOG
Offers numerous articles that will help you teach dual language learners and bring multiculturalism to the classroom. For a partial list of articles, click here. Or even better, browse the BLOG!
Sign up now to give you links to helpful articles, product/language updates as well as any special discounts.
* Funding / Grants
Please click here for further information on funding resources.
For additional resources and articles, please see our "Free Resources" page. ------------------------------------------
WHY ORDER FROM LANGUAGE LIZARD?
We guarantee the quality of our products. Language Lizard's dual-language books:
- Are consistently well reviewed by respected review publications
- Have won prestigious awards for both the stories and illustrations
- Are professionally translated in over 40 languages.
- Have appealing, multi-ethnic characters
- Develop tolerance, respect for others, and self-esteem
- Have strong, community settings.
- Celebrate diversity
- Are creative and enjoyable. Kids love them!
The books have been used in thousands of schools and libraries throughout the world. Read what experts and customers say about the quality of our books: Testimonials and Reviews.
* Support your ethnically diverse community
There is a huge and growing population of foreign-born and first-generation Americans. According to the US Census Bureau, approximately 68 million people spoke a foreign language at home in the year 2013 (approximately 20% of all US residents). Many of these are parents and children who would benefit greatly from additional reading materials in their home language.
The materials available in our schools and libraries should reflect the diversity in our communities. Offering books in a family's home language promotes literacy and parental involvement.
* Get more for your money with dual-language texts
The options are greater with dual-language books than with single-language books. The stories and illustrations are so fantastic that readers may choose to use them for multiple purposes:
- Non-English speaking parents can help their children maintain a native language, preserve their heritage and "connect" with their children.
- English speaking families can introduce their kids to a foreign language.
- Teachers and families can use them to expose children to other languages and cultures and build multicultural classrooms.
- Educators and librarians can offer bilingual or multicultural story time activities.
- Some readers will enjoy the stories only in English. The creative and entertaining stories certainly rival the best English-only children's books available!
HOW CAN I BEST USE BILINGUAL BOOKS?
The following articles give you advice and suggestions for using bilingual books to develop language skills, maintain heritage languages, bring multiculturalism to the classroom, support diversity initiatives and just have fun!
For additional articles, please visit our Free Resources page and our BLOG.