11 Book Celebrate Diversity Set - Assorted Languages/English (1 Teacher's Guide, 10 Multicultural Books, Lesson Plans, Diversity Activities)
This set provides the tools that teachers and homeschooling parents need to celebrate diversity in the classroom and at home.
The set includes: 10 Assorted Language/English Bilingual Books for students and one copy of Building Bridges With Bilingual Books And Multicultural Resources (an English-only teacher resource guide).
10 picture books pair with the multicultural lesson plans and diversity activities contained in the Building Bridges With Bilingual Books And Multicultural Resources teacher guide. In addition to the detailed lesson plans, the guide provides numerous diversity activities, literacy games, and fun activities from around the world.
The Assorted Language/English bilingual books in this set are:
- Welcome To The World Baby (in Somali/English)
- Li's Chinese New Year (in Vietnamese/English),
- Marek and Alice's Christmas (in Welsh/English)
- Yeh-Hsien A Chinese Cinderella (in Chinese Simplified-Mandarin/English)
- Deepak's Diwali (in Bengali/English)
- Samira's Eid (in Turkish/English)
- The Children of Lir (in Italian/English)
- Mei Ling's Hiccups (in Czech/English)
- The Giant Turnip (in Spanish/English)
- The Wibbly Wobbly Tooth (in Polish/English)
This unique and valuable set will give you the tools to:
- Build culturally responsive classrooms
- Create positive connections with dual language children & families
- Teach children about other languages & cultures
- Support literacy development among English language learners
- Foster a welcoming and inclusive learning environment.
This is an amazing resource! . . . This book will be so useful to so many!
- Caia Schlessinger, President of NJTESOL/NJBE
An incredible and much needed resource for educators and homeschool families. . . . a must-have for every home, school, and library. Planting the seeds of courage, grace, and tolerance in our multicultural and diverse world.- Valerie Budyr, Co-Founder of Multicultural Children's Book Day
Building Bridges is a tremendous resource that is practical and contains relevant literacy lessons rooted in best practice.- Lisa Gordon, Adjunct Professor, Department of Literacy, West Chester University
This book is a celebration of diversity in a global age.
- Laura Harrison, Elementary School Teacher
Learn how "Building Bridges" supports culturally responsive teaching by examining one of the lesson plans.